Thursday, October 1, 2009

Send Me Your Request!

It was 7:30 in the morning and I was on my way to do my annual mammogram--something that gives me the heebie jeebees every time. To calm down I call my friend Claudia, who I love dearly and is always funny and upbeat. As she is filling me in on her ex-husband's lastest antic--bringing his new child (of lover/witch/new wife/Vivian)  to Claudia's house so his 20 year old son (with Claudia) can see their physical resemblance--she suddenly asks me if there is a murder in my new book. Why? I ask her. Because If I were a writer, she tells me, I'd murder Enrique (ex-husband) in the first scene. Well, I tell her, I could probably arrange one. Do you want me to call the victim Enrique? Oh, yes, she tells me delightedly, and while you're at it can you kill Vivian too!

No comments:

Post a Comment